Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

My Tamaki River Rotary walkway Recount

Tamaki River Rotary walkway


When me and my class had a trip to the Tamaki River Rotary walkway it felt like an extravaganza. First we got to the court with the other senior classes, second we walked to the buses and finally we got to the Tamaki River. I was so excited mostly to take pictures with the camera for the first time. But I didn’t, at first.


We walked and saw a few plaques. Then we got to a wobbly bridge, it was so scary that I was going to faint and fall in the water. We saw some ducks in the mangroves mostly male about four or five and one female, after a few minutes it would rain like tears were coming down.


Then we had a break. When we walked for an hour, we headed to the skatepark. I saw a very interesting bird that looked like a little bit like a crane except smaller and its feathers were a greyish black colour. But before we left Room 5 and 8 paired up and that bird was gone. Actually it was in a bush but it was too far away to get a picture. I finally got the chance to use the camera.



We went all around the Rotary Walkway. I took lots of pictures.  It felt like my feet were bleeding. Some of us were so debilitated, we saw a few signs about what remains from the past. The Tamaki River use to have a volcano.  Just then rain was falling. It was atrocious and it took us hours to get to the Pakuranga Sailing club. We saw some workout equipment. Some of us hopped on. Rooms 8, 5, 7, 6 & 9 got on them. A couple more played pass with a ball. The most time consuming thing was waiting for the buses. It was lavish and we were shivering for hours until the buses finally got to the sailing club.  We went back to school.



I felt dead on my feet and it was the most tremendous, depleting and glacial trip ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment